 Trains / 8189
Re: Eurotram in LEGO colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:00:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Holger Matthes writes:
Hi James,

I am speechless!!! That Tram looks so great!! And there is something about it
which you might not know yet!! The colors DOES exist in a similar style in
real!! It's Tram in Cologne (Köln) an this one is covered all over with the
vertical stripes and blocks from a big book shop in my area. The the colors at
their homepage (left corner at the bottom): http://www.mayersche.de/

I see the colors!  Orange, purple.  That must be quite a colorful tram!

Next time I might come to Cologne, I will take my camera and hope to see a
Mayersche-Tram.

In the mean time I will try to search on-line for photos.  Maybe at the
European Photo Gallery?

I love your LEGO model: 8-wide, hardly any studs to see, fantastic
tram-track-design, the interior,...

Thanks.  I think the through-way between the wagons leaves something to be
desired.

While I'm just soring all my bricks and wondering where to store, YOU come up
with even better train models!!

I spent nearly the entire day of Saturday sorting LEGO bricks.  I have been
extremely lazy to resort the piles of unused bricks from several previous
building sessions...and I still have a lot more to sort.

Go on! What will be next?

??? I have no idea, yet.  ???

HoMa (Holger from Tram-Land)

P.S. Which set delivers the big front-glass??

The 4561 passenger train set.  I don't know if it is available in transparent
light blue in any other set; maybe the Coast Guard Base set?  There is a small
and less expensive Space Port set that offers the big front-glass in
transparent dark blue.

later,
James Mathis