 Trains / 7076
Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:01:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Simon Denscombe writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
One of the UK lines has tried something of the same sort, don't remember
details except that since they are relatively compact, they used some MoW
equipment as power, and a couple of flatcars as the loadcarriers (something
like 2 power units, and 3 flatcars, with 300-400 hp each powerunit).

I can't remember that, Rail Magazine had a review of the Cargo Sprinter,
saying how the cost compares to lorries.  The closest that RailTrack (who run
all of Britain's track signalling and stations(1)) have got to the CS is the
MPV (Multi-Purpose-Vehicle) basically it's the same body shell and engines
etc.

I think it was in Rail, just really a mockup that they took for a couple of
trial runs, a comment that under unit engines wouldn't work in the UK (because
you only have 1.5' for the engine in the UK loading gauge) and 2 photos...it
was 2 MPV power units they used (thanks for twiging my memory)

Good idea build more UK stuff - most of the modern stuff is all square - ideal
for LEGO.  I've done a Class 60 Heavy Freight Locomotive in MLCAD out of • mostly
standard parts I now need to find these parts to make it.

Ha..HaHaHa...don't you know: Cough's and Sneezles _spread_ Diezeezles?

I'd love to model my steamer in lego, but the amount of green to model a
Britannia is way more than I have :)

James