 Trains / 7071
Re: Lunar Mining Colony
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 06:33:50 GMT

Wow! Great work! I love the train tracks and everything! And you've
built a whole mooon landscape of LEGO! I used plaster and newspapers for mine.

--Tobias

"Brian H. Nielsen" wrote:

   I scrounged grey parts from every set I have then threw in a handful of
grey brick packs (5145) and some large grey baseplates acquired at discounts.

   For dark grey BURPS you've gotta love 6494 Mystic Mountian Time Lab, 6087
Knight Lords Castle, and 6559 Deep Sea Bounty.  For light grey BUPRS go with
6766 Rapid River Village!

In lugnet.general, Robin Werner writes:
Brian,

Nice work! Can’t wait to see more pictures... That is allot of gray parts on
your moonscape, I like, I like :)

Build on...
Robin W
GFLTC/GFLUG

In lugnet.general, Brian H. Nielsen writes:
  I've updated my web site with pictures of my lunar mining colony -
Copernicus City.

  The Prologue and Chapter I show the inception and construction of the
initial base on my 4'x8' lunar landscape.  Future chapters will follow its
development into a thriving settlement and will include some "behind the
scenes" photos showing techniques used in the construction of the mountian.
(Some text related to the construction techniques was posted on 4/12/2000:
http://www.lugnet.com/build/arch/?n=121 )

  The direct link to Copernicus City is:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/brian_h_nielsen/moonbase/moonbase.ht • m

  There is also a link to it off my home page:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/brian_h_nielsen/

Brian