 Trains / 5947
Re: Train Speed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 20:42:40 GMT

Using 1 stud = 1.25" (which is 8 studs wide = a 10' wide train car) it ends
up being 128 mph.  Of course, pulling some 8 wide cars will undoubtedly slow
that down a lot.

Mike Poindexter

Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:Fuz0Fz.6pr@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Tracey writes:
Using the new speed computer • http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=5206,
Jeff Stembel and I discovered the top speed along a ten foot section of
track is about 5.42 km/h (3.37 mi/h).  Of course, there is no replication • on
this experiment since we only tried one motor.  The computer also read • the
distance on a carpeted floor.  Your results may vary.

-chris

Supposedly you can enter in the diameter of the wheel to calibrate it.
It would be interesting to enter in the minifig scale equivalent diameter
for the wheel and get minifig-scale speed measurements.

KL