 Trains / 5945
Re: Train Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 20:07:58 GMT

Christopher Tracey wrote:

John Neal wrote:
To make a long story short, the LEGO train windows are *perfect*......for G
scale, or 14 wide scale.  Using them in 6 wide trains or even 8 wide throws
the scale off, unless you are modeling certain Eurotrash passenger cars
which utilize larger style windows.  Soon I will take some pics of my tour
de force, a 14 passenger car and you will see what I mean.

Well... It's only been a few days since I started to seriously consider
eight wides and you are already trying to get me hooked on 14's.  What
kind of pusher are you? :)

The addicted kind;-)

I do see what you mean about the size of the windows... but the shape of
the windows just screams LEGO.

Oh, you are absolutely right.  TLC got the window shape down perfectly.  Of
course, scale was never an issue in Billund anyway.  For all intents and
purposes, use those babies!  And thanks for that bit of revelation about the non
use of split glass.  I think it will make a lot of folks feel better using the
plain panes for their train cars that they will be getting from the train window
pac......er I mean the soccer bus sets;-)

-John

-Chris