 Trains / 5898
  Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch

After a couple of hours, my 12volt points motor gray box is opened. I damaged the top cover slightly at its base along the flange at one corner. The damage is a flex/cut through the flange caused by too strong of a cut into the very small gap (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch

(...) _small_ iron, using low melt solder, and lots of flux. I use a Antax 18W, 12V iron (but, it is british, so you are not likely to be able to get one). Otherwise, a Temp. Controlled iron, or run a small (25W) iron using a Variac (Variable (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help Open 12v switch track motor- doesn't switch

Thanks, James! I'll try to get this hooked up tonight. Melting the plastic is a concern. We'll see if I'm worthy. Thanks for the advice. later, James Mathis (...) to (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains)