 Trains / 5363
Re: Proof of a Hoax? (was: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 00:33:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes:

Note, I will speak of a hypothetical remote control switch which just happens
to resemble something posted which may or may not be a hoax and which may or
may not be OK to talk about.

Lar and others:

The 8 wides WILL hit that box going through points.

Sigh. Well one could hope that it was done in a modular way. Moving the power
taps as it turns out is actually not that hard. Moving the actuator is.

My DD40 cannot spur off
on a set of points unless the actual yellow point switch is removes, as it
ovehangs on the inside of the curve by too much.  The box is way further
inside.  Take a 6x48 train and you will very likely have the same results with
that remote point box that I have with the point switches.  That was why I
suggested putting the point motor UNDER the switch, as it can be placed
anywhere and be very large and still remain hidden and not a problem.

Not if you're a plywooder.

Note that for the forseeable future, although I plan to build a module to spec,
my home layout will be table based.

++Lar