 Trains / 5355
Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 17:22:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Alan Gerber writes:
In lugnet.trains, Jeff Stembel writes:

Hmmm...  Anyone besides me find these suspicious?  The images just don't feel
right...  Not to mention the font is wrong...
Also note that they are using many old pieces that haven't been used for
years, like the pitchfork and the 12v timetable sticker thing.  And they have
the old necklace and workman torsos.  And the Train logo is of very poor
quality.  And on and on and on.  Oh: and the only new piece is a motor.  And
what logo is on top of the dcc thing?
Alan

None of this matters if this is a leaked mockup of preproduction models and
artwork that was created to give a sense of what an ad would look like.

There are lots of new pieces present.. motor, DCC controller, points
controller, short track, powered and unpowered spoker wheels in two sizes.

Just not many new brick elements.

Evaluate this as a leak (in which case we should stop talking about it, leaks
are verboten for discussion here) and not a single criticism is a knock out.

Sure, images got flipped because maybe one points is all that has been done so
far. Sure, some torsos might be off because they're from the parts bins.
etc. Sure, the track was faked because it hasn't been made yet. Sure, bars
and lines are perfect, that's because they were added to an image which has
never been printed so it could be seen what it looked like.

I just got preproduction artwork from a vendor mailed to me earlier today. It
has the same sorts of problems. Won't be there in the final version.

Still could be a hoax though.

++Lar