 Trains / 5344
Re: April 1st sometime in the world ... ? (Re: New Trains)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 12:35:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:

I think it is obvious that the images are fakes. It's probably an April-fools
joke, and very well done. Similar someone else's, of a fake set. That was really
good, he made a fake box and even took a kid, dressed him in typical 70's
clothes and had a pic of him playing with the train, just like LEGO used to
have. It appears that LEGO Trains is popular for April-jokes.

The pictures does not look like they have been scanned, they would have looked
more soft in the edges then. And the trains look like MOC:s (and really great
ones), LEGO would never design anything like that. The first thing that stroke
me when watching the images was that they all looked like they hade been made in
windows paint, and then saved as JPEG, because they simply look fake.

--Tobias

I'm with you on this ... did you notice the pirate torso on the woman at the
station?  If it's a fake then it's a well done fake ... Could it be April 1st
already?

-- pn