 Trains / 5247
Re: April 1st sometime in the world ... ? (Re: New Trains)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:19:02 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net> writes:

I'm thinking 4460 uses steel rimmed (powered) and 4450 uses plastic rimmed
(unpowered) with the motor unit in the tender. That looks like a glint of
steel on the tender wheels.

It _is_ a bit strange that the red 4460 has metal rims on all the
wheels, though.  Surely, only two pairs are powered.

On the other hand, mixing metal and non-metal rims on one engine would
probably look daft.

Fredrik