 Trains / 5236
Re: April 1st sometime in the world ... ? (Re: New Trains)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:35:40 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.trains, Michael Edwards writes:
Hi everybody, please read the message below

I rarely watch this group

But i am amazed by the pictures, but the following things puzzle me

1. Since when those DB stickers come back? I thought they belong to the 12V
not to 9V

I was thinking this, too.  Lego now uses the "<-o->" symbol.  Not to mention
that the stickers are poorly applied, and Lego doesn't even use stickers for
the door symbols anymore (I think, they didn't with 4558).

2. Look at 4450 Right at the top right corner appears to be a part of the
wall showning, and the pictures don't look like the way lego does theirs?

Right, too much reflection, for one.  Also, 4450 used a wide angle lens,
causing it to "bend".

3. Look at 4424, the Station map there, that came from the Police Van
released in 1986

6676 Mobile Command Unit.  The map is still on the appropriate part, too!  4424
also has a gray treasure chest (which I find suspect), and 4450 has the train
schedule from 7824, still on the three white 1x4 bricks.

4. Look at 4468 Looks like at Old 9V Technic motor same for 4438 and 4439,
the old motor was discountued a few years ago.

Yup, and the parts don't seem to fit together well.

5. 4465 Looks Odd?, why do Lego want to start making little pieces of track?

Actually, it is a good idea.  More flexibility in making layouts.

6. 4479 There is too much shadow, it's not well done.

Yup.

Also, Old torsos are in these, even when lego has newer "versions".  And the
points images are mirrored copies of each other, IMO.

Certain parts are too pixelated, the letters are too clear (no grays, like
you'd get in a real scan), same with the red dot in the train lego (which is
too large), etc.  There is *no* doubt in my mind that these are fakes.

Jeff