 Trains / 4124
Re: Train Decals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:01:44 GMT

Barbara Sproat wrote:

I've seen uses of Train decals on many models that appear to be stickers?  They
seam to add the finishing touch that I'd like to start using.  However, where
do they come from?  I suspect it's as easy as driving down to the local hobby
store and picking up a sheet but somewhere I though I read they were printed.

Both.  You can buy preprinted sheets, blank (clear) sheets that you print on, or
white sheets that you print on.  The blanks are for black printing only or for a
surface which is already white.  The white sheets allow you to print color on
them, but you will have to trim the decal to get rid of the white outline.  Here
are the URLs for the two largest decal manufacturers-- MicroScale and Champ:

http://www.microscale.com/
http://minot.com/~champ/

So does anyone want to humor me? - jokes are fine too as long as somewhere
along the line I get an answer. :)

Me humor you?  I thought that's why you married Jeremy! >;-D

-John