 Trains / 30887
Re: Basic question about laying LEGO train track.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:17:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dave Curtis wrote:
Dave,

That ballast is a work of art!  Love it.

Thanks!  It was a lot of work over the past year, but Stacy and I have been
really happy with the results.  :-)

Mark,

I've also seen people use the 2x2 turntable plate at strategic locations
under curves to connect to base plates, with tiles to provide support where
even the turntable doesn't line up.  Can't seem to google up a link right
now, though.

-dave

I have seen this as well and it is on my 'To-Do' list for my corners.  I talked
to a couple people at Brickworld 2009 who indicated that it significantly helps
in stiffening the corners for transport.  I believe that SCLTC uses this scheme.
Ted Michon might be able to chime in on this.

-Dave
ToT-LUG