 Trains / 30792
  Re: PF train motor

(...) They made it 7.4V because all lithium polymer battery cells are 3.6 - 3.8V. Since this is a pack with 2 cells in series, you get 7.4V. A 3 cell pack is typically 11.2V. As you can see, keeping the old 9V system was not really an option if (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: PF train motor

(...) Eric: Thanks for the awesome explanation! I learned new stuff today...does that mean I can go home now? :-) I'm excited to see how the new motor and battery box pull. I think the new PF trains could add a lot of functionality to existing 9V (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: PF train motor

(...) So am I. However, I'm also into R/C aircraft so I have a long history with batteries and motors and could talk your ear off about them. I could also explain why the battery pack costs so much! (...) Yes, I give you permission to go home. You (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)