 Trains / 30551
    Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse... —Jonathan Wilson
   (...) Given the reports that its using MFC, it would be easier to rewrite a new version from scratch than to port the existing one. (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

        Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse... —Martin Legault
     (...) If Matt or someonelse rewrite the code (open sourced or not) I would suggest to use a framework that is available to most of the OS like Qt or GTk. That way it would be really easy to port to all OS not just the most known. Wine is working (...) (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

         Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse... —Chris Gray
     (...) My understanding is that the new Wine supports the .NET framework using MONO (open source implementation of nearly all of .NET). I think it is older programs, and game-like programs (like LEGO's designer) that it has trouble with. -Chris Gray (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

         Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse... —Martin Legault
      (...) Although Mono make it possible to run .NET application over Linux (without wine), currently Mono fully support only .NET version 2 while microsoft already have .NET 3.x and .NET 4 comming soon if not already available. Mono will always be (...) (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

         Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse... —Travis Cobbs
     (...) Compiling pre-existing code with the latest Visual C++ won't introduce the .NET framework into an app. The app would have to be rewritten to use .NET in order to get a .NET dependency in, so that's not an issue. Apps compiled with Visual (...) (16 years ago, 12-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

        Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse... —Matthew Bates
   (...) It is indeed written using MFC, which it makes extensive use of for the GUI. Porting it to another platform would take considerable effort. I think what I'm going to do first is get the source code into a package I can release (and archive!) (...) (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)