 Trains / 30534
Re: Need Electrical Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2008 00:28:42 GMT

Rob Hendrix wrote:
Great idea.  I hadn't thought about whether Tom was going to use a variable
speed control.  I just assumed batteries for some reason.  Have you had any
brightness issues with the seemingly low 15mA output for multiple LEDs or
are you hooking 1 to 2 LEDs max to this FET?  To the human eye it would be
hard to distinguish 7.5mA / 15mA unless they were beside each other.

As a crazy idea, use a MAX882/3/4 configured to output the required
voltage.  It is a step-up regulator that will work with as little as 1.5
volts.

There are also PWM solutions.