 Trains / 29411
Re: Need Electrical Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:32:09 GMT

Dean Earley wrote:
L. Andrew Reynolds wrote:
I am trying to setup some LED lights to run from the 9v track or a 9v
battery
pack for some train signals. I have 1.5v lights and the track is 9v
(obviously)
how can I step down the voltage. Any help would be great.

Ideally, we'd need to know the current for the light you want to run.
Even then,I can't remember the exact formula, but this page should help:
http://www.hebeiltd.com.cn/?p=zz.led.resistor.calculator

After racking my memory and a bit of playing:

dropdown resistance = (supply voltage - required voltage) / required
current (in Amps)

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/