 Trains / 30124
30123  |  30125
Subject:
Call For BrickFair Volunteers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:25:03 GMT

Hello fellow AFOL's,
As you may know, BrickFair is the big event of the year, here in the D.C. area.
Though BrickFair is not affiliated with 'BrickFest(TM),' BrickFair is the
natural successor of the previous event.
Many of the people that have been involved with the above mentioned event
(including myself), are involved with the premiere of BrickFair, starting this
year (and hopefully for many years in the future).
But, we need some assistance from the community. Those of you who have attended
'BrickFest(TM)' in the past may know that we have volunteer theme coordinators.
We are still in need to fill some vital positions.

To paraphrase (and quote) Todd from a previous message I recently received,
please see the following:

“We have positions for 9 Theme Leaders, 4 of which have been filled.  Mike
Harrod created the Board Game theme and is the Leader there.  Personally, I
think the Board Game Theme is a great addition to the event!

“Steve Hassenplug will be covering Mindstorms and is dreaming up Mindstorm
challenges.  Byron Foret is our Bionicle Theme Leader.  Dan Rubin is the Space
and Moonbase Theme Leader.  And Magnus Lauglo has offered to help create a
battle scene between Town and Mecha, although those two Theme Leader positions
are still vacant.

“Also still vacant: The Great Ball Contraption, Train” (& Town), “Castle, and
Other (Sculpture, Mosaic, etc) Themes need Leaders.

“Ken Rice (kennrice@...) is our Registration Desk Coordinator.  He will
certainly need hands to help run that department.  The job includes welcoming
registrants as they arrive to BrickFair and welcoming public visitors Saturday
and Sunday.  If you can help for an hour or two, it is greatly appreciated!

“We need Seminar Speakers.  Several people have suggested topics and hinted at
an interest in speaking.  But thus far no one has officially offered.  If you
have a niche topic that is of particular interest to you, and you think you
could speak to a group of 5 to 20 people for an hour, please let us hear about
it!  We ask that seminars, if possible, be held twice during the weekend.

“For a complete list of openings and more details, see our Volunteer page at:
<http://www.BrickFair.com/attend/Volunteer.asp>

“If you have any questions, or would like to offer your time, you may contact
many of the Coordinators and Theme Leaders directly.  Their emails are also
listed at the above link.  Or use the "Contact Us" link at BrickFair.com.  I
personally read and answer all submissions (or you may submit comments
anonymously).  We welcome all inquiries and suggestions!

“Last but not least, I want to thank those who stepped forward so far.  Some of
whom have already invested countless hours in planning.  Without the volunteers,
we cannot run an event like this.  And many thanks also go to those who will
volunteer.  We will all devote many hours before and during BrickFair working,
and together I’m sure BrickFair will be a great event!

So please contact me or Ken for volunteering. And we hope you have a great time
at BrickFair!

Have Fun!
C-Ya!

Rich