 Trains / 29615
Re: Precedent!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 01:41:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   Wow. This little revelation eluded me until I happened to see this pic from a recently posted BS folder:

This is a pic from LL Deutschland that shows a miniland trolley running on G scale track. The motors wheels look to be LGB to me.

Of course miniland’s scale is 1:20 and I am building 1:32, but I found it interesting that TLG itself has already done what I am planning to do.

Perhaps that puts me back into the ranks of the pure? :-)

JOHN

Have you only just realised that Legolands don’t use 9V track? ;-) Actually that pic is interesting, LLW uses really basic looking track The LGBesque stuff is much better (although it really should be inset for the tramway).

Tim

The track used at LLCA and I assume at LLW looks like 2 gauge. And is used to represent 1:22.5 standard gauge or 1:16 narrow gauge by live steam fans. I saw a ride on train train in this gauge at a open house while in Los Angeles. I guess that’s why the track is so sturdy. I’ve never found a supplier of the track that LL uses.

Mat