 Trains / 29583
    Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist —Benn Coifman
   (...) Just off the top of my head, I have the following thoughts on a prospective new train system. Benn On the batteries: -I am concerned that the weight of batteries could limit long trains. So the battery weight will be just as important as it's (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist —David Laswell
     (...) Why can't it be both? Imagine, if you will, a track system that's designed based around the 12v components, but with the ends of the rails being shaped to couple with the 9v/RC track instead. (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist —Christopher Masi
     (...) I've got a number of 4.5v/12v sleeper that have lost their clips (the little vertical pieces that click into the track), so Im' not wild about going back to that kind of track. If the design could be fixed, so the part that holds onto the (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist —Don Cox
   (...) My point is that TLG should continue with the 9volt system until a new system is developed and available. Showing off our train layouts at train shows and telling visitors that it is discontinued for 2+ years will turn off the buying public (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: The Future of Trains // Wishlist —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) Maybe (big 'maybe' of course) there is 2 years or so of stock left of current track and motors and all. They are still selling track in old dark grey afterall - quite a while after the color change has happened. This doesn't appear to help the (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.trains)