 Trains / 29545
Re: The Future of Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:25:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Todd Thuma wrote:

Not funny, I know, but my glass is half-full.

Todd

I just wanted to make sure folks know that my glass is also half full at the
moment dispite some skepticism about pulling power and battery life.

I also agree with Ben Fleskes in terms of AFOL insiders working very hard for
the masses.

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=3719

The big problem is that because of NDAs AFOL insiders can't discuss/brainstorm
with the rest of us.  I just don't think that sitting and waiting and trusting
that the insiders will express all our needs is the right way to go.

I think that all of us need to express our needs in terms of the hobby and it
needs to be an ever evolving discussion until the next press release.  At that
time we take the news and start a new discussion based on that press release, so
on and so forth.

In that way, our AFOL insider freinds can have some help from the greater
community.  Sure we might discuss some things that the insiders will laugh at
but at other times we might, just might, come up with something they had not
thought of.  Then they can make sure that information is brought to light within
LEGO.

So while our AFOL insiders can't discuss things with us, they can listen to the
rest of us.  So I just hope we don't sit by quietly waiting for product to
appear in 2009.  We should all be trying to help make the new product meet our
needs by providing information through public channels to those who cannot speak
publicly.

My 2 cents,

-Eric