 Trains / 29422
Re: RC/9v Train Wheel Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2007 07:58:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bruce S. Chamberlain wrote:

Tony,

I used 36 9volt train wheels to make my Schnabel Car.

I was left with 36 wheel housings that I could not think of a use for. Then I
remembered that pick a brick on Shop at Home had the RC train wheels and axles
for sale so I ordered 40 sets and they snapped in fine and worked fine.

Bruce

Thanks for the info, Bruce!  That really helps me out a lot.  I actually was
just looking at your Schnabel Car truck design before you posted, since you used
what I think is light grey.  Actually it's the only non-all black brick built
truck design I've seen, which is the look I'm going for.

I've found a lot of great freight truck designs for 6 wide trains, but I'm
coming up short for 6 wide passenger trucks.  I have a design in mind, but I
have no idea how accurate it'll be to real life; I have alot more research to
do.

Anyway, thanks again!

--Tony