 Trains / 29420
Re: Scott Wardlaw's GE Dash 9 in Union Pacific Trim
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:18:43 GMT

Since the trucks have three axles, does this design permit for a motor to be included anywhere? And are the trucks articulated in any way to permit better performance on curves?

   Jordan Schwarz

Thanks Jordan! Sorry for the late reply. I have been extremely busy lately.

The three axle trucks are designed to handle the curves. The third axle floats left and right. I have used this design on several of my trains; running them through complex curves on my track without any problem.

I’d really like to see The LEGO Group come out with a three axle motor that has more attachment points and more accessories. Otherwise, the current two axle motor would not look right.

Thanks, Scott