 Trains / 29413
Re: Impact of LTCs (Re: The Official "Issues List")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2007 00:32:28 GMT

"Elroy Davis" <edavis@vermontcountrystore.com> wrote in message
[snip]

Personally, I'd love to do more shows that were not train specific.  We
have a
lot of people in NELUG, and interests range across all themes.  I'd love
for
those who aren't train-heads to be able to display their creations.

-Elroy

One way to allow for "non-train" interests in a train display is to dedicate
layout space to other Lego themes.  One of our shows (RichLUG) a few years
ago we had a collection of Star Wars and space-based creations.  We had one
of the tracks run around that area (just to draw people's attention to that
area) and just had the space stuff in the middle.  I have also seen some
groups do space related layouts, etc.

There are opportunities to display at events and locations other than train
shows.  For example, our local public librarys have display cases (which
lock and are secure) where we have done different theme related displays
(one year we did a "Richmond through Time" display - it started with a
colonial scene with redcoats and bluecoats, the Powder Magazine from
Colonial Williamsburg - next was a current town display - finally was a
small spaceport, indicating the potential future of Richmond - the Library
staff got a lot of positive feedback from both children and adults on that
display).

Tim