 Trains / 29119
Re: Northern Pacific SW1200
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 00:38:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Matt Hamann wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Matt Hamann wrote:

The build looks great, and big too.

   Pretty slick! Very good detail all around and clever tricks abound. I like the spark arresters on the stacks. The rear of the cab looks well detailed, do you have a photo of the rear when it is all together too? The only suggestion I have is that you might want to flatten out the top of the handrails on the front sides.

Benn

PS, I’ll try to dig up a photo I have of an NP sw1200 for you.

Thanks, Benn. Here’s a picture of the rear. I choose not to have the handrails at an angle since I felt that it couldn’t be properly done. If you can’t tell, the rear was inspired in part by Tim Gould’s VO-660.

I’ve been trying to flatten out the top of the front handrails but I’m not having any luck. I tried the trick with the paper clip but the paper clip was to narrow gauged (pun intended?) to stay in place and the metal it was made of was too fragile (it broke when I tried to take it out). Does anyone have any suggestions?

I’ve used brass rod from a hobby shop.

Mat