 Trains / 28610
28609  |  28611
Subject:
12 wide Mister Rogers Trolley
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 23:13:18 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I posted an in-progress pic of this MOC before Thanksgiving (which I see I dumped; don’t remember doing that). In any event, we’ve finished it and have finally taken some pics of it.

My initial post covers the main points, but I wanted to highlight a couple of details: in this pic you can see how Ross mounted 2 light sensors along with the RCX brick in Trolley’s understuff. Notice his red technic axle which serves as an on/off switch for the RCX brick. Also notice the nice, custom track. We blended new and old dark gray along with new and old brown to give a “weathered” look, I guess you could say. The ties are held in place by 1x1 headlight bricks.

This is our first powered 12 wide, although it isn’t 1:32 scale; it is nearly 1:1 in fact. Here is a pic of Mister Rogers himself with the real trolley; ours is slightly smaller. So while this MOC happens to be 12 wide, it isn’t really a part of my 12 wide master scheme, because we used LEGO for the motor and track (and BBB wheels). Trolley will be assigned to ping-pong duty across the backside of the TCLTC layout. I still need to make the decals (along with a million others:-/)

Enjoy.

JOHN