 Trains / 28331
Re: Small town building reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:45:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   Hey all,

Over the last month or so I’ve started taking pictures of all of the interesting buildings in my suburban Chicago area. I’m taking these photos for several reasons but most importantly I’ve taken them for you, the community. My hope is that this new gallery will fill the reference void and provide tons of ideas.

Hey all,

Well I’ve been at it again. The other day I visited Geneva and St. Charles Illinois and took some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Most notable of the photos are 2 theaters. The Geneva Theater was featured in the recent movie “Road to Perdition” and Arcada theatre “St. Charles”, which has a very rich history in both motion picture and live theater. There are multiple photos of both theaters including close-ups. Other interesting buildings include the bank of Geneva, restored limestone buildings from the 1840’s, odd shots of fire escapes, a dam, a bridge, plenty of bars, an old coal power plant, and many other visually interesting structures.

Post mod gallery: http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=105107&n=144

Cool. Thanks for posting these. It is quite timely that you post pictures of theatre’s. I have just finished one and just rec’d the B-Link order today to finish another.

PS: snooping around on Brickshelf and I see updated pic’s of your layout and buildings. They are looking great!

Best,

Jonathan