 Trains / 26644
Re: Small town building reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:55:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   Hey all,

Over the last month or so I’ve started taking pictures of all of the interesting buildings in my suburban Chicago area. I’m taking these photos for several reasons but most importantly I’ve taken them for you, the community. My hope is that this new gallery will fill the reference void and provide tons of ideas.

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=105107

I will be updating this gallery at least once a week so here’s a deep link. Just change the number at the end to get to the different photos

http://www.maj.com/gallery/roj2323/town-buildings/buildings001.jpg 133 so far

Here’s another resource I stumbled upon - a Library of Congress collection of pictures of buildings all across America, from the present going back to the 30’s:

Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record

They seem to be mostly pretty mundane stuff, too - storefronts and rowhouses and stuff. Enjoy!

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations