 Trains / 27861
Re: IR train base alternative
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:56:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:

   To start I disassembled the train base by taking out the 8 extremely tight screws I then removed the circuit board and soldered on a diode bridge (bridge rectifier) in place of the 2 tin battery pack leads. Now basically what this means is no matter what the polarity is going into the IR unit, the voltage going into the circuit board remains the same. This protects the circuit board and makes it idiot friendly. =).

Ondrew, how did you handle the voltage drop through the bridge rectifier? Did you measure any top-speed dropout?

Curious, ---Will