 Trains / 26503
Re: The New Crane Car & Green Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:20:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Kinkel wrote:
Yes, the new crane car is quite nice and I look forward to adding it to my
collection.

Another thing that has been looked over with the new sets is the part
selection.

While the IR based motor and battery bound baseplate are not ideal, the
parts in these sets look pretty nice and will enhance any collection.

Both the crane car and the freight engine give us green doors. The crane has
a green 6 wide windscreen. And the engine has the green 6 high train cab
parts. Very cool.

And it will be interesting to see just how the Factory implementation of
Trains will impact the parts palette.

-- Bryan

We may not be able to easily build red 4551s, but I will definitely build a
GREEN one!

The first two crane cars will probably go into the collection as designed. But
then, we may have a good lifting device for a harbor or freight yard or ??.

Also we should be able to redo the boxcars into eight-wheeled.

While I have a few worries about the 9v system vs. IR, I'm really excited about
the remainder of the trains! Does anyone have any idea of when we can pony up
the money?

Joseph