 Trains / 26444
26443  |  26445
Subject:
Non LEGO LEGO build for my trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 01:13:14 GMT

Inspired by Steve B’s (if I recall) picture in the AFOL comic book, I built myself a storage unit for my locomotives and rolling stock

http://sparky.i989.net/gallery/storage

It isn’t complete yet--I have to put the facing trim on, but other than that, it’s done enough for now.

This is the first time I worked with melamine--I usually work with pine and maple, but I wanted something that wouldn’t require staining when I was done. This did the job.

I’ll mount it on a wall in the basement, and make it so I’ll be able to take it to shows to display the rolling stock not on our train layouts.

Dave K