 Trains / 26143
Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:21:14 GMT

Janey, you are right.

When you're right, you're right.

So. I will accept your trade offer, I will offer my thanks. I will also
forward your address on to Tim, in the UK, to have him send you that
VERY LOVELY slightly used, open box, ZNAP set.

With the indulgence of the train group, I would like to do a quick post
to this section, so I can announce to them that:

In the Spirit of Brick It Forward aka NQJ
(http://www.thepyroguys.com/nqj/), I can offer for trade, a VERY  rare,
VERY well made, authentic JLUG  train container. (as well as a few bonus
items)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bccook/LUG/jrbofferforthebif.jpg

As many of you may know, I am not versed in all the ways of trains, but
I have it on good authority that this train container is built to the
standard that many LUG's are building too; AND as a bonus, is shaped to
mimic a 1x2 RED BRICK. (al la, Janey Red Brick)

SO,

We have a Unique Train Container,
1 Silver 2x4 brick,
1 GOLD   2x4 brick, and
1 Janey Red Brick sig Fig.

This Is not available for sale, I will not trade this for love or money,
  BUT in the idea that is brick-it-forward, I will TRADE this lot of
items, for......

well, you tell me.  Reply to this thread, or send me an email, and allow
me to consider your offer.

PLEASE, don't let this train container languish on my shelf.  This
belongs in someones layout. The bricks ALONE, can be worth $5 - $25 USD,
  the fig commands a high value, and the grand daddy of them all, the
CONTAINER; well, lets just call it "priceless"

Be the one of the first few to get in on this tiny bit of lego history.

You can sit back and read about what will be history, OR join and become
part of it.

Regards
Chris

FUT : elsewhere

Janey Cook wrote:
> In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote:
>
>>Chris Magno wrote:
>>

>>>the NQJ BRICK-IT-FORWARD web page:
>
> <http://www.thepyroguys.com/nqj/>
>
>>So, the process starts again.
>>
>>I now have a ZNAP 3501
>

> <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3501>
>
>>I am hoping that someone full of the spirit of the lego community will
>>be willing to swap it out for something bigger or better.
>>
>>Come one people.  Who wants to play??
>

> I DO!!!
>
> Mr. Magno,
> First let me compliment you on such an outstanding community project.
> Secondly, I have an offer for you to consider...
>
> I am presenting a very exclusive <http://www.jlug.net/> train container
> featuring not only one, but TWO engraved bricks straight from
Brickfest by no
> other than the greatest brick engraver of all times, Tommy! This train
> container, while representing a one by two red brick is totally
compatible with
> the club train car standard, and is limited to very small production run.
>
> BUT!!! That's not all...
> Act now... and I will throw in a new "gold" finished 2 by 4 brick,
straight from
> the tub.
>
> Outstanding you say???
>
> As if ~THAT~ isn't enough... If you respond to my offer by the end of
this week,
> I will throw in a "silver/chrome" 2 by 4 brick.
>
> You heard me right, a silver AND a gold brick PLUS an exclusive train
container
> car!!!!
>
> What collector/builder wouldn't want that added to their collection???
>
> (Hushes the nay-sayers, with a bit of creative editing)
>
> This offer just couldn't get any better... could it???
>
> YES, yes it can!!!!
>
> Act by the end of today... and I will throw in the lovely "Janey Red
Brick" sig