 Trains / 25810
    Timber trestle crossing water —Richie Dulin
   Prototype question: When a timber trestle bridge crosses water, is it usual to have the timber bents permanently submerged? Or is it usual to have stone or concrete piers supporting the trestle bents? I've tried google, but can't find a clear (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Timber trestle crossing water —Mark Bellis
     (...) I had a look at the google images and was surprised to see any trestles getting wet. I think the trestles are directly buried in the ground on each side of the river, with rock in the ground being the support. I guess the timber wouldn't last (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Timber trestle crossing water —Adrian Egli
     (...) Well, I have say the person who made the bridge at the NMRA show has set the standard. (URL) Maybe its creator could pass along some info??? Adr. (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         The NMRA Trestle Bridge —Jeramy Spurgeon
     Hello Everyone! I've never posted a MOC on LUGNET before, but I'm not new to building. First, let me introduce myself: My name is Jeramy Spurgeon, current IndyLUG president and avid LEGO train fan! The trestle bridge and surrounding 6 x 6 baseplate (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

         Re: The NMRA Trestle Bridge —Mark Bellis
     (...) I like the way you've used 1x1 round plates to connect to the slip plates on the stanchions. They grip the back to back studs better than other plates, whilst giving a suitable clearance from the stanchions themselves. How long did it take to (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: The NMRA Trestle Bridge —Jeramy Spurgeon
     (...) Anywhere from 2-3 hours, but that's not entirely the bridge set-up, I'm including detailing the countryside as well. Each stanchion is setup then the track bed attached to the top. The most time consuming part is attaching the tiles onto the (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Timber trestle crossing water —Adrian Egli
   (...) I think I've found something! (URL) There was a story in the Sunday paper of the repair of old train bridges in the area. (URL) HTH Adr. (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)