 Trains / 25319
Re: My use of 16 BBB Large Wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:42:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, L. Andrew Reynolds wrote:
   I have just finished my second revision, with more to come, of a UP BigBoy. I used the engine at the Museum of Transportation here in Saint Louis as a guide I still have some work to do on it, but here you go.

snip image

It is 7 1/2 track lengths and 8wide, the boiler is attached at the front drive wheels and the back truck. The front truck and the back drive wheels are connected by hinge joints to the wheels behind them. I will try to get more pics up later.

Look here for more.

Andrew GtwLUG

Thank You Ben!!!

I have uploaded more pics. These are the trucks and how they get around LEGO curves.

On the Engine:

Front truck and front drive wheels: pic 1, pic 2, pic 3,

Rear drive wheels and truck: pic 1, pic 2,

The whole Engine: pic 1, pic 2,

On the Tender:

The rear 10 wheels pic 1, pic 2,

The whole tender: pic 1,