 Trains / 25312
25311  |  25313
Subject:
TCLTC's version of Mathis Club Trolley
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:03:13 GMT

I was going to wait for a few needed parts (ironically, from Hans-Juergen’s BL store, who posted the first variation pics of James’ trolley:-) but since the subject is hot, I shot some pics and will share now: (after moderation)

Some notes:
  • I wanted to build this trolley as another way of LTCs interacting with each other-- it is my hope that ALL LTCs build a version of James’ gift to our community.

  • I decided to build it white, which was most neutral, so that I could display LTC logos on the side and not have the finished work too “color busy”. I like it when the colors in the logos do all of that work.

  • As so often happens, once I started the project, Ross came in and took over. I told him that I wanted him to retain as many original details of James trolley as he could, but other than that, to have at it!
Ross’ main change was to curve the end windows, which I think is a nice touch. He also electrified both main lights front and back. I built the roof as one piece and is attached by 4 studs (one in each corner). As I stated elsewhere, I thought that the trucks were too close in proximity, so I lengthened the trolley by 4 studs (one window). At the risk of getting too esoteric, I think that it is also asthetically pleasing to have an odd number of windows in a row. There are also some other minor changes that you can see from the pics, but I think that the overall result is still very “Mathis Club Trolley”.

I am going to put all 13 participating clubs at the ILTCO convention on the sides (half on each). I think I will create 1 more sticker that says “Cincinnati 2005 something-or-other”.

Once again I’d like to thank James for all of his time and effort in this gift to the LEGO train community. This esprit de corps is what makes our hobby so enjoyable.

JOHN