 Trains / 24994
24993  |  24995
Subject:
Nominations for a trainset poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 11:09:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Following the long and rambling thread on the doublestack car one thing that came up (1) that inspired me was the idea of a ‘famous trains’ series.

Purely for the sake of entertainment I’m looking for people to suggest ideas for hypothetical sets. I’m suggesting two categories

• A standalone loco set to be followed later by a maximum of TWO suitable rolling stock sets (these can be build-able as different variations as per the Santa Fe coaches).

• A complete train set consisting of no more than FOUR vehicles.

As we are speaking hypothetically you can assume that Lego produce a wheel suitable for steam locomotives (2) along the lines of the BBB wheels. Although you are not being asked to actually design the sets you should assume that they would be 6 wide to the standard Lego style so that may influence your decision.
As well as suggesting your favourites try to think of things that would make good sets with widespread appeal. What famous trains from other countries do you know of? Links to images of the real thing would be good too.

Once people have made their suggestions I’ll make a couple of polls.

Tim

(1) Well actually, I said it!
(2) Or old skool electrics