 Trains / 24673
    New MOC: Prototype Class 14 Diesel Loco with BBB Wheels —Mark Bellis
   Here's a new train MOC, a prototype Class 14 diesel loco. (URL) It uses BBB wheels and is articulated to get round the curves. It uses 2 technic gearmotors for power, so it has an electric feed from an adjacent vehicle with a train motor (not yet (...) (19 years ago, 26-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: Prototype Class 14 Diesel Loco with BBB Wheels —Ross Crawford
   (...) Very nice! (...) From my experience, the hardest part of doing that is matching the speed of the supply car. I actually ended up putting a rubber band drive in my loco to allow some slip, and gearing so it was faster than the train motor. The (...) (19 years ago, 27-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: Prototype Class 14 Diesel Loco with BBB Wheels —Mark Bellis
   (...) I found that at low power levels of RCX drive, a technic motor in parallel actually caused the train motor to speed up - the technic motor must provide some filtering of the PWM. I already have other engines using gearmotors, so I used similar (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)