 Trains / 24448
24447  |  24449
Subject:
LEGO Train Hobby growing... comments?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:05:36 GMT

It "feels" like the hobby is growing, there are more shows and more clubs.

I often think about growth in serveal ways, two of which are: big, more brick
intensive layouts and frequency of shows per club.

The bigger more brick intensive layouts are certainly a challange to the
established members but it raises the barrier-of-entry to new and potecial
members.

More shows a year starts to feel like your in a constant state of setting up and
tearing down...

Anyone have comments on club growth and shows? Burnout? New members? Does your
club have a set goal for the number of shows a year? And the size of the layout
at the show?

SteveB