 Trains / 22933
Re: Track Designer Registry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 02:11:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Joseph O'Donnell wrote:
Another thought would be that one of the computer coding gurus could compose
something to allow adding the necessary information to existing registries?
I'm a coding illiterate and have absolutely NO idea of how to even start
making up routines which would allow us to expand our Track Designer
inventories.

I was trying to find a comprehensive list of TrackDraw features (one that didn't
require slogging through 300+ posts in a Yahoo group), and I ran across this
post.  In all this time, has noone else figured out that you can copy/paste
elements from one Track Designer registry to another?  The only problem comes
when you get duplicate part ID numbers between two different registry files.
Well, that and the fact that you can only copy/paste one item at a time, which
could get a bit tedious if you're trying to import a large quantity (but it sure
as heck beats having to create all of the rendering/geometry specs by hand).