 Trains / 15714
Re: Track Designer Registry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:47:20 GMT

  I got the source, started making changes to be able to run it under linux
but when I graduated and started working my free time was reduced
drastically and I couldn't continue working on it. :(

Leonardo

In lugnet.trains, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
In lugnet.trains, Matthew Bates writes:
Sorry, haven't been very active recently. We just had baby number 3 arrive.
My first little girl!

Congrats on the new addition!

I do have the source code somewhere, I sent it to someone ages ago, I forget
who it was and I never heard from them again. Don't know if it was because
they never got round to looking at it or because they couldn't figure out my
code! Anyway I will look for the source code (I want to make sure I find the
source that matches the version on the website).

Sounds good, I haven't heard anything from the people you gave it to so I
too assume that they changed their minds on the upgrades. I would like to
have a copy to archive and maybe if I get some "spare" time I'd like to see
what it would take to convert the project to .NET

According to this thread, it looks like the source may have gone to Leonardo.

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=7550

I think he still monitors the CAD groups so he might see this.

I'm sure this has probably been discussed to death, but why not create a
sourceforge account and just release the source code?  I think you've got
a much better chance of jumpstarting development that way.

Don