 Trains / 21913
Re: New gray track doesn't match
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 05:01:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
   I just compared a switch track that that I just recieved from S@H
(happy birthday to me) to an old switch track that I have had for a few
years. First, I now know what people mean by the new stiffer points. My
old points are the "old not as stiff kind" (that might help you date my
track). The grays do not match. Strictly speaking, I cannot say if the
mismatch is due to yellowing of the older track, but I don't think so.
This mismatch isn't that bad. The funny thing is that rails themselves
are a more noticeable mismatch. The new shinny rail is much shinnier
than my older somewhat oxidized rails.

Chris M

Are you sure its not a batch of "Dark Stone Grey" rails now?
Josh