 Trains / 21869
Re: Rare parts: Small switch yard engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 06:26:04 GMT

Sorry for bringing up an old topic again,

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Wölk wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
<http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0241/0241-33.html>

What kind of rare parts are used to hold the magnets of the
red engine on this page?

Niels

this has puzzled me since i was a kid. at first glance i thought it was the
motorplate from this set:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/720_2

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0720-1969/0720-02.html

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0720-1969/0720-05.html

but on a second glance it is a 6x16 plate with two 6x3 sections attached at each
end. i presumed these were never released officially. the only grey couplings of
that period seem to belong to the 720. i know that was sold in at least 2
versions though (or better i believe to remember) so maybe they differed in some
parts. similar to the two versions of the 723 (hm i ought to check the
suplementary part sets of that period) i cheated when i built this version:

www.tu-bs.de/~y0007612/Pages/Lego-m/render/ib241b3.gif

i've just put up the dat files here:

www.tu-bs.de/~y0007612/Pages/lego/ltrax/zips/ib240loc.zip

notice the motor alignment might be different to the older files. these two
presume the motor is at 0 0 0. see the 4ltrax file at the same location for more
dats (and stuff for tore's ltrax015).

The rare trainbase seems to be the prototype for the trainbase, which is listed
as x902c01 on peeron. Recently I received two of these parts and I have just
finished an LDraw part, posted in message http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=10884.
The sliding wheel parts are on my to-do list, so Thomas can soon recreate his
train models using the actual pieces.

Play well,
Niels