 Trains / 21566
Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:01:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
   Possibly Ben should get some franchises! My suggestion would be someone for Europe, based in Germany probably and someone in Australia (possibly somone in Japan as well). This (with Ben selling to US) would cover most of the train building areas pretty well.

My thinking behind this is that it would A: spread the looad a bit B: reduce the cost to those outside the US, a large box of wheels sent to one person + the individual continental postage costs would work out cheaper than the intercontinental cost from the US.

Tim

That sounds like a lot of effort, for demand that will obviously peak rapidly then dwindle a bit.

I have another suggestion, if Bricklink won’t play - why not distribute the initial lot through LTCs?

ILTCO could e-mail all the LTCs, with an estimated price, and a deadline for an order. The LTC canvases its members (including, if it sees fit, nearby non-members), pools the money, and submits the details back to Ben.

This gives a good idea of initial demand, and I don’t suppose the train nuts dedicated enough to be in an LTC would mind even paying a little more than the regular price for initial exclusivity.

Jason R