 Trains / 21319
Re: Legoworld2003 Zwolle Holland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:52:57 GMT

The car factory is of martijn booghaarts.  He is a member of Dutch LUG de
bouwsteen  (http://www.debouwsteen.com/).  Maybe you can find more info
there.

Rob

"steven house" <steven_house@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Tommy Rainwater wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Steven House wrote:
My first visit and exhibit to a major show ...

Plenty of photos ... so take your time!

THANKS for the photos!!! So much to see... I'll have to abuse my • broadband
tonight and view each shot! Can you tell us more about the "Car Assembly • Line"?
The one pictured here:

A post on your MOCpages site says:
"I've seen the car assembly line working partly, but it's amazing how • they can
build a car from separate bricks (14?) into a completely assembled car -
including the wheels."

So.... what's the scoop? do the cars just move around on the tracks in a • loop,
or are the creators actually BUILDING little cars as they go?

It looks SO cool.... I wish I could have seen it in person!

Cheers!
-Tommy Rainwater
"Cogito Ergo Lego"

Its a straight line assembly plant that is intended to build a Lego car • piece by
piece (how many? - I don't know)... adding parts at each station ... I • believe
its by the Italian LUG (apologies if it isn't) ... unfortunately they • spent most
of Legoworld debugging it ... though I suspect it'll be ready for another • show
soon ... it was a huge an awesome beast.

I can't find any other info on the net .... but perhaps someone out there • can
help ...

SteveH BeLUG