 Trains / 21317
Re: Reissue 7740 as legend?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:55:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Paul Janssen wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Paul Janssen wrote:
On the 1000.steine forum (German), I read that at Legoworld, Zwolle, The
Netherlands, it was heard from reliable sources that a new legend will be based
on the classic train 7740, in 9 V of course. I hope this is true, on of the best
train sets ever!

Paul

I think there has possibly been a misunderstanding or misinterpretation, (unless
someone is way better plugged in than I am!!!). I would refer you to my post to
lugnet.events.legoworld just now:

http://news.lugnet.com/events/legoworld/?n=30

Someone asked the question of Brad whether they'd consider bringing 12V trains
back in 9V form and he said it was being looked at. It seems a far jump from
that to "it has been heard from reliable sources that 7740 is coming back as a
Legend"... if it were true wouldn't Brad have announced it after his talk?

I think it would be helpful if somoene who has posting to 1000steine (I do but I
haven't sussed it out yet how to actually post) could ask some of them to chime
in and clarify this a bit... maybe point them at the transcript too.

(don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE it if this set came back!!!)

I referred to the following post on 1000.steine:

"von letztgenannten z. B. die sehr starke Andeutung, daß es wohl eine neue
Legende geben wird, die den legendären 7740 als Vorbild hat. Natürlich leicht
modifiziert als 9V-Modell. "

meaning, from last-named (which was Brad), a strong indication that there will
be a new Legend, one that has the classic 7740 as an example. Of course slightly
modified as a 9V model.

Too bad this person probably misinterpreted it...I'd love to get more 7740's.

Paul

hi all, it was me that have asked that question and like larry wrote it
perfectley, it was just a question of hope. None promisses or telling that it
will be true. Again: it was just a question from me with NO possitive answer on
Brad's side.
paul wolters, member of the board of the Bouwsteen.