 Trains / 20314
Re: DCC reversing loops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:55:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby wrote:
In lugnet.trains, John Hill wrote:
I am sure I saw someone writing about reversing loops but now I can't find it!

I did a dual reversing loop for our club layout. You don't need to cut anything.
You can do it all lego pure.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/~vlc/4-06d-SwitchTrack.jpg

This picture will show how to connect that unconnected inner rail to the proper
power.  Use a standard track connector and then use a wire that reverses it's
self on the other end to join the power from one connector to the other.

I used a simple RCX program to reverse the power of the main line. This was used
on both ends. I also had a cross track watch dog program to control the other
line that also shared a portion.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/~vlc/4-04r-Sections.gif
This is a diagram of the track layout.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/~vlc/4-06d-AutomationTest1Small.jpg
This is a picture showing my test layout at home. You can see the placement of
the sensors and switch track automation building.

Darn, I forgot to mention that to isolate the track take a sheet of paper.
Standard photocopy paper works well. Cut it into quarter inch strips. Then place
it between the track and you join it. Then use your nail and cut of the excess.
Do this on both sides and you get a good temporary isolation. The good part is
is when your done and you pull it apart the paper falls away. This prevents you
from having horrors in furture if you have a isolated track and don't know
where... (This happened to me when I used tape)

Good luck.

Also, if anyone is interested I can make my NQC RCX code availible for the
layout control.

TFM