 Trains / 19118

Subject:
My bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 23:00:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Thanks, everyone, for showing me some of the bridges you've made.  Here
are some photos of what I finally came up with:

  http://www.enchanter.net/lj/bridge/

It uses nearly all the black and green Znap that I have.  It sags a
little when a train's going over it, but I ran the heaviest trains I
could find and nothing gave way under stress.  :)

Re: My bridge
Thanks, everyone, for showing me some of the bridges you've made.  Here
are some photos of what I finally came up with:

  http://www.enchanter.net/lj/bridge/

It uses nearly all the black and green Znap that I have.  It sags a
little when a train's going over it, but I ran the heaviest trains I
could find and nothing gave way under stress.  :)

Looks great.
As far as the "sagging" goes, use more diagonals in the boxes under the
arches. That should help it.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions    | http://www.vanree.net

Re: My bridge
Thanks, everyone, for showing me some of the bridges you've made.  Here
are some photos of what I finally came up with:

http://www.enchanter.net/lj/bridge/

It uses nearly all the black and green Znap that I have.  It sags a
little when a train's going over it, but I ran the heaviest trains I
could find and nothing gave way under stress.  :)

That's a neat bridge Brian!

With regard to sag, I wouldn't worry - you'd be surprised how much real
bridges deflect under load!

ROSCO