 Trains / 18875
Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:52:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
Took a cross-country Amtrak trip from Albuquerque to New York City this past
Christmas.  Road to Chicago on the Southwest Chief and then to NYC on the
Lakeshore Limited.

Saw a few locs to inspire some virtual construction.

The first is a go at the Alco c420 high nose.
Real picture:

http://www.railfan.net/railpix/railfan/safariphoto.cgi?southtowns08-23-02/img_3561.jpg

parent index:
http://www.railfan.net/railpix/railfan/southtowns08-23-02/ps.cgi?25

Alco c420 virtual model:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/Locomotives/AlcoC420/v1/alco_c420_2010_v1_p1.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/Locomotives/AlcoC420/v1/alco_c420_2010_v1_p2.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/Locomotives/AlcoC420/v1/alco_c420_2010_v1_p3.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/Locomotives/AlcoC420/v1/alco_c420_2010_v1_p4.gif

<snip>
Great choice of colors, and an ALCO is to drool over. They belch smoke and
growl like a beast! Don't know if it makes any difference to you, but the
long hood end is the front on these units (makes for a more dramatic
appearance leading a train IMHO)
-Harvey