 Trains / 18326
Re: Train that runs on tires.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:55:20 GMT

Lewis Valentine wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, James Trobaugh writes:
Interesting idea. It reminds me of the airport train in Dallas TX, not
really a train, more of a automated bus running on a hotwheels track. It is
a rough ride for sure.

I think there are other airport transport systems which also use tired
vehicles.

Hmmm,
The subway system in Paris France has trains that run on tires. I was rather
supprised when I saw them. I don't remember exactly how they stayed on the
track though.
From what I understand the paris subway has several different styles of
trains. Including the tires and standard metal wheels.

I seem to remember seeing pictures of the Paris subways with tires. If
I'm recalling right, they had horizontal tires also which run against
the walls of a guideway.

Frank