 Trains / 18047
    Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) (the old saying: "If you want it done right, do it yourself"... springs to mind. This of course conflicts with "do what you do well, and let others do the rest") (...) Thanks for the update on this. I hope it turns out to be easy to resolve! (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: testing wheelsets (was: something else...) —John Gerlach
     (...) And I was just going to suggest the 'flick' test... <grin> How about something simple like a couple of pieces of straight track, with some bracing so they fairly solid? Put two wheels together, put them on one end of the jig, and raise that (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set? —Scott Arthur
   (...) Jake/LD, It should be easy for LD to check who they sold problem batches to as most of them will have been sold by via mail order(?). I wonder if this can be sorted that way? ;) Scott A (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)